We’ve installed new hardware for PI1SHB.
Replaced the old Raspberry Pi (model B) computer for a new one with more CPU capacity and RAM.
We have improved the audio levels for both bands, and tweaked the TX delay and TX tail times.
Since the begin of 2018 we’re experimenting with a RTL-SDR dongle on our repeater location.
Local amateurs are enthusiastic about the 2m WebSDR.
We’re still tweaking a lot to improve the receiver sensitivity and audio quality.
Since this month we also have a 70cm and 23cm WebSDR active.
Our goal for the next couple of weeks is to reduce/filter the strong signals from PI1SHB and PI2SHB on the WebSDR.
Today we installed a new server at PI2SHB to replace the Raspberry Pi.
Now we’ve a lot more CPU power to run applications for APRS, EchoLink and a new WebSDR on the 2 meter band !
Back in April 2017 the Dutch telecom agency have changed their regulations for unmanned amateur radio stations.
One of the changes was a new frequency for APRS in the 70cm amateur band.
Since the begin of 2018 we renewed our license for PI1SHB and can use the new 70cm frequency.
Today we’ve changed the frequency from 430.5125 MHz to the new European APRS frequency 432.5000 MHz.
9th of July 2016, a few weeks ago when we replaced the antenna for PI1SHB and added an extra antenna for 2.4 GHz to make an interlink connection between the locations from PI1SHB and PI2SHB.
Last weekend we were at the PI2SHB location to place the other 2.4 GHz antenna for the interlink connection.
Albert (PA3GCO) and Paul (PE1LXX) preparing the antenna and coax cable.
Using laptop to see how strong the signal is and to set the antenna in the right direction.
The Wi-Fi interlink connection works immediately and the signal is strong enough for a stable connection between the locations.
Now we need some time to test, and hope to add new features soon !
24th of June 2016, today we’ve been busy for the whole day to replace a new antenna and coax cable for PI1SHB.
The old antenna was a Maldol VT-160D dual-band antenna for 2m and 70cm (Diamond X50 clone), and was more than 15 years old.
The 2 yagi antennas for 23cm are removed, they are not in use anymore for a few years.
This was the old setup for PI1SHB packet node, active on 2m and interlink connections on 23cm between PI1EHV (Eindhoven) and PI1RNI (Utrecht).
Paul (PE1LXX) and Arie (PD1ANF) removing the old antennas.
Paul (PE1LXX) prepares the mounting clamps for the new antenna on the pipe.
We replace a Diamond X300N dual-band antenna for 2m and 70cm to improve the coverage in our area.
We see much stronger signals with this new antenna, so we’re happy to see the good results !
Later today we placed antennas for HAMNET, a wireless connection between the location from PI2EHV/PI6EHN in Eindhoven and us on 5 GHz.
The other 2 acces points are for local use, beaming to east and south directions.