We’ve installed new hardware for PI1SHB.
Replaced the old Raspberry Pi (model B) computer for a new one with more CPU capacity and RAM.
We have improved the audio levels for both bands, and tweaked the TX delay and TX tail times.
24th of June 2016, today we’ve been busy for the whole day to replace a new antenna and coax cable for PI1SHB.
The old antenna was a Maldol VT-160D dual-band antenna for 2m and 70cm (Diamond X50 clone), and was more than 15 years old.
The 2 yagi antennas for 23cm are removed, they are not in use anymore for a few years.
This was the old setup for PI1SHB packet node, active on 2m and interlink connections on 23cm between PI1EHV (Eindhoven) and PI1RNI (Utrecht).
Paul (PE1LXX) and Arie (PD1ANF) removing the old antennas.
Paul (PE1LXX) prepares the mounting clamps for the new antenna on the pipe.
We replace a Diamond X300N dual-band antenna for 2m and 70cm to improve the coverage in our area.
We see much stronger signals with this new antenna, so we’re happy to see the good results !
Later today we placed antennas for HAMNET, a wireless connection between the location from PI2EHV/PI6EHN in Eindhoven and us on 5 GHz.
The other 2 acces points are for local use, beaming to east and south directions.
5th of March 2016, we’ve made some small changes at PI1SHB.
- Because that we’ve had some problems with the I²C bus, we changed the 2m TNC-Pi connection back from I²C to a serial port.
The 70cm TNC-Pi is still running on I²C and works fine for now.
- Added 3 club station object beacons for PI4SHB, PI4OSS and PI4TIL, it transmits every 20 minutes.
22th of January 2016, we installed new equipment at PI1SHB, the APRS digipeater/IGate for ‘s-Hertogenbosch.
Replacing the radio’s for Motorola GM350 radio’s.
In the old setup we used a Kenwood TM-V7E (2m) and Kenwood TM-451E (70cm).
A second TNC-Pi was installed to replace the TNC2S-DK9SJ 70cm test setup.
All of the new equipment is installed in a new 3HE 19 inch case.
– 2x Motorola GM350 radio’s
– 2x TNC-Pi
– 12 volt power supply
– 12 volt to 5 volt power converter
– Raspberry Pi
At the moment there is a problem with the 70cm Motorola GM350, so we used temporarily a Kenwood TM-V7 for 70cm.
We hope to replace the 70cm Motorola GM350 soon.
28th of November 2015, we received the license for the 70cm APRS digipeater.
We installed a test setup with a Kenwood TM-451E and TNC2S-DK9SJ modem, we integrate with the existing 2m digipeater running on a Raspberry Pi.
17th of January 2015, we installed a test setup with a Yaesu FT-209RII tranceiver and TNC2S-DK9SJ modem. The computer is a small Raspberry Pi with Aprx v2.08 software.
On the first view it works not bad, but when there’s a mobile station nearby the digipeater than it works bad. It looks like that the radio can’t handle stronger signals.
Below you can see a movie about the test setup.