We’ve installed new hardware for PI1SHB.
Replaced the old Raspberry Pi (model B) computer for a new one with more CPU capacity and RAM.
We have improved the audio levels for both bands, and tweaked the TX delay and TX tail times.
22th of January 2016, we installed new equipment at PI1SHB, the APRS digipeater/IGate for ‘s-Hertogenbosch.
Replacing the radio’s for Motorola GM350 radio’s.
In the old setup we used a Kenwood TM-V7E (2m) and Kenwood TM-451E (70cm).
A second TNC-Pi was installed to replace the TNC2S-DK9SJ 70cm test setup.
All of the new equipment is installed in a new 3HE 19 inch case.
– 2x Motorola GM350 radio’s
– 2x TNC-Pi
– 12 volt power supply
– 12 volt to 5 volt power converter
– Raspberry Pi
At the moment there is a problem with the 70cm Motorola GM350, so we used temporarily a Kenwood TM-V7 for 70cm.
We hope to replace the 70cm Motorola GM350 soon.
28th of November 2015, we received the license for the 70cm APRS digipeater.
We installed a test setup with a Kenwood TM-451E and TNC2S-DK9SJ modem, we integrate with the existing 2m digipeater running on a Raspberry Pi.
17th of January 2015, we installed a test setup with a Yaesu FT-209RII tranceiver and TNC2S-DK9SJ modem. The computer is a small Raspberry Pi with Aprx v2.08 software.
On the first view it works not bad, but when there’s a mobile station nearby the digipeater than it works bad. It looks like that the radio can’t handle stronger signals.
Below you can see a movie about the test setup.